KickEX crypto exchange has added support for Dogecoin token. Trading is available from Wednesday, July 28, as a trading pair with USDT.
Dogecoin token is the most recognizable and popular meme coin with a capitalization of more than $33 billion.
Top 5 facts about Dogecoin
- Dogecoin was a fork of the Litecoin cryptocurrency and was launched by a group of Australian developers in 2013. Initially, the creators of Dogecoin thought it nothing more than a joke, which is why they used a well-known meme with a Shiba Inu dog as a logo. According to its developers, Jackson Palmer and Billy Marcus, it took them 3 hours to develop the coin.
- Dogecoin cryptocurrency mining is available to even ordinary users. The graphical processors you can find on ordinary computers are suitable for mining the coin, and mining is also available on the Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. The developers also dropped the word “mine” and replaced it with the word “dig”, because dogs do not mine, they dig.
- The coin gained widespread popularity and rose in price by 100% after a tweet by Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk, who called Dogecoin “the people’s cryptocurrency”.
- Dogecoin is the first cryptocurrency to be used in interplanetary trade. The new Falcon 9 mission will be financed in Dogecoin. Tom Ochinero, SpaceX vice president of commercial sales, said that this collaboration “will demonstrate the applicability of cryptocurrencies beyond Earth orbit and lay the groundwork for interplanetary trade”.
- Dogecoin token has become a prototype for other meme coins such as Shiba Inu, Kishu Inu, Akita Inu, and others.
Learn more about the Dogecoin token here.
You can start trading DogeCoin on KickEX exchange. If you don’t have experience trading cryptocurrency yet, take a training course on Kick Academy. You can also use our multilevel referral program to generate a passive income.